A Diary of Dreams

Thursday, February 11, 2010

Journey to Another world

I am in a place with many weird creatures- peacocks, the baby ones as small as a beetle but looking the same. Little big-eyes, who rush around like cat-like ghosts when you approach. Also spiny vegetation which scurries away and can tend to cling to you if you frighten it.

To warn of their approach, kids wear small slippers with pictures of black and white eyes on the toes. I didn't know, so I kept being surprised by the catty-rushing and plant-straggling. I had plants cling to me and only slowly slide off, struggling all the while.

But I was pleased to see the polygon fruit drop from the skies. It looks so sweet and nourishing. And when I saw the signs near the slippers I started to understand things here."Please walk gently. No beating of creatures near the living area. Kids, please wear slippers." If I had known, I would have worn a pair too. But for now, lets just enjoy the polygon fruit!

No comments: