A Diary of Dreams

Friday, June 06, 2008

A Spiritual Quest

I was walking along and talking to God, but it was a dream within a dream. I was with a friend here and god showed me a method for finding out truth- just look into the reflection of my own face, or my own green eyes, to find it, even in my mind- as all the answers we seek are to be found within. The voice from within, which was clear and calm, said that this is the method he would prefer I’d use, which suggests that there are others, too.

I was then jumping from one block to another in an abstract small landscape, with god teaching me how to land and avoid danger, again throw that voice and through me visualising my own face.


I was then walking down a crowded street, being careful not to step on the small children all around me. One woman scolded me for almost bumping into her little girl, but I pointed out that I am a nice guy and showed her the other child I also narrowly missed stepping on. I looked down and the more I looked, the more small creatures I could see, not just children, but dogs, too- Chiwawas, Yorkshire Terriers and so on. I leaned down and picked up a small green thing and it was a glowing globe, an entire planet, with shifting skies and continents amidst an emerald sea. Watching over the whole place was a god-like being, who saw the little inhabitants as his children, there to be protected.



Keeping walking, I was then in another scene, walking with a girl near a temple. Suddenly, wild animals gathered, looking menacing- a leopard, a puma, a wolf. We ran towards the temple grounds and as we did so, a strange man appeared suddenly and transformed into a heroic figure in robes and golden headdress. The shining light he projected made the big cats cry out and then suddenly whimper, turning around.

When we made it into the temple grounds, one jumped in there with us, a wolf. It snarled. The man had vanished, so I picked up the wolf and threw it. It just rebounded off the invisible barrier keeping safe in there, even when I tried again. I decided it best to be safe and strangled it, and then ripped it’s head off. Both pieces could be hurled out safely. It was a grisly solution, but the best one.


The scene suddenly changed, and I was in a comics café or something in Tokyo. On the TV was the same mystical figure as the man who’d appeared, walking with friends in an anime show. I wondered, had I been dreaming or what- another dimension perhaps?


I was with Yuko in a café and two colourfully dressed Orthodox Jews, with long beard and festive decorations over their black clothing, were going around and asking for money. Yuko froze up, feeling something sinister despite their jovial ways. We declined to give a donation and then one of them magiced up a green jelly on a plate before he walked off. Yuko took my arm and whispered ‘he spat in it’, something I didn’t believe, but then he leaned down and put his mouth next to it and some liquid flowed out.

They walked on and suddenly I felt bad and ran after them, saying ‘Yuko, you’re acting like an anti-Semitic Nazi or something’, to give them a hundred yen towards the jelly. She told me “No, honestly, as soon as they came over, my arm froze up, like they had a bad energy”. Thinking about the mouth incident, I then believed her and apologised for doubting. I think that religious fanatics are dangerous people, not that everyday Jewish people have anything inherently wrong. This sinister touch came from twisted religion that was hostile to outsiders, which is not representative of Jews in general by any means.


Note- Waking up, I wondered- is this something Ms T did to me, who was also something of a vengeful religious fanatic?
I am amazed by the vivid, psychedelic contents, and especially by hearing ‘God’s’ voice, which did sound like a loving father. I wonder if embellished versions of this could actually make literature. Even writing this, I felt like adding, as it is all from the same imagination. I may actually have opened a door into my subconscious, or even into the Universal subconscious that Jung wrote of.

Maybe, if I open my mind to it, I can contact God directly more often- this was almost like a small conversation with Him at times.
I may well have been heavily influenced by the third episode of The Mighty Boosh, Series 2, I watched the night before, where they see the adventures of two rock stars, who seek out new music in the desert and find an inner Enlightenment to be the key after all. One starts off with a door in his hat and the other acquires one, maybe being doors to the universal unconscious?
It is interesting that the colour green appeared so many times and that my eyes are green (really they are usually hazel, but in the dream, bright green). It’s almost as if it was all taking place inside me- which, in a way, being a dream, it actually was! Of course, the voice of God was probably my own voice, purified- though it did seem to be from another person, something like a TV announcer, at the time.

No comments: