A Diary of Dreams

Saturday, January 26, 2008

Magical Park

I was going to a large national park with my mum and wandered off to see a rocky enclosure, quite high up. At first the rocks seemed random and messy- even ugly. I decided though to sit and appreciate the nature, even get absorbed into it, so as to escape from the rut of living with my family and all the little stresses involved in it. Suddenly, a mystical force revealed complex patterns to the rock's arrangements- just what I had been wanting to see. Ridges appeared at regular intervals, looking something like faces and reminding me of Aztec artistic styles. I resolved to spend the night here and really get deeply into it; but first, I needed something to drink.

I found a store with a strange bag of something that was either an energy-drink or a kind of medicine, which I kept for later. Walking on down the path, I found my mum and we went to the park cafe. The lady there was from some kind of Scandinavian country. She poured me a glass of mint tea, but spilled it a bit, so said I could have it for free. Then I ordered a cookie and a bit of it was broken off so she said I could have that for free too. I wondered out loud if I was being selfish in accepting this generosity without a struggle, but it seemed to be too late and I was happy to have the good luck.

Then we walked for a bit and I found a much larger bag of liquid, which I added my small bag too and it all changed colour, which made me think that it must be some kind of medicine or something. Then I found a small creature that seemed to be a cat. I decided to take it home to be friends with my cat, Tipsy and shelved my plans.

When we got home, to our old place in Ling's Coppice, I put it down and Tipsy came up to meet it, but it seemed to bite or scratch him, as he recoiled, holding his eyes. I picked up the little black thing again and scolded it, then put it down- yet it did the same thing again. It was cold outside, but I felt I couldn't risk letting it hurt Tipsy more.

I threw it out the back door and it separated into two little black creatures, that suddenly grew into what were either raccoons or the kind of mystical lions you see guarding Japanese temples. Milton, our puppy, went up and they seemed to kind of play, maybe a little roughly, but no-one seemed hurt by it. So now we had a pair of magical creatures in the garden- or were they just raccoons?

Then I awoke!

No comments: