A Diary of Dreams

Saturday, January 23, 2010

A Psychedelic Dream of Snow

I was in an old house in the countryside. Strange creatures were to be found stuffed on the walls. My mother was very old and needed some special apparatus to change into her clothes as she went in and out of it and got angry if you looked at her while she did this. We were going out for a short walk to see the town.

It was snowing outside. I was very hungry, so I started eating the snow and tissues in my pocket. I realised that this may not be a good idea, but it would be a long time until dinner time and what else did I have? I needed to keep up with the others even though it was all so beautiful here and I wanted to explore. I could slide down huge slopes to reach them, though I knew I have to be careful about sliding into the road.

We made it back to the ouse and started changing, to have lunch. I was thinking of getting my camera ready for when we go out again. Wanting something light to carry around, I decided using the 35mm f/1.8 lens would be great, as pictures in the snow always look good and there'd be no need to zoom around. We went into the house, my mum using the contraption to get her outside clothes off and inside ones on. In we were- and there was a garden with a strange, centipede-like creature; but no, it wasn't a centipede. It was a long 'human-like' creature, with, I counted them, 8 limbs. It was something that really shouldn't exist- and there were more of them in a nearby tree. Suddenly a baby rhino ran up to me and I caught it. Bigger rhinos were running and there were soldiers from an evil empire chasing them. What was going on and where was my video camera when I needed it?


ASs we got closer to the big, old house, I found out that now the evil army was defeated. A line of them were emerging, their hands on their heads in gestures of surrender. A green Luke Skywalker was amongst them ,the victor in their struggle. I thought that maybe my arrival and discovery of the strange creatures had brought the matter to a close. Were our two dimensions meeting at this point, our perspectives merging? We gave a glance of acknowledgement to each other.

Then I woke up.

No comments: